In the era of mobile application development, there are various platforms are available for building your Apple vs. Andriod based applications. For each platform, traditional applications are built separately because different operating systems have different languages to recognize code. But what will happen if you try to use a universal language for building applications for different platforms. This idea is called “Cross-platform development”.
What is cross-platform development?
Automate your web development – check buddy.works/actions
Native apps cross-platform development
React Native, Xamarin, or NativeScript are tools to build applications that are still using native APIs for which allows excellent performance around all platforms without translating code for each platform separately. The result will be such apps that run well and great compromise over expenses and time for building a native application s
Hybrid apps cross-platform development
What you have to know about it?
The developers and users must have to familiar with the advantages and disadvantages of applications that are developed by using cross-platform development.
Pros of Cross-platform development
There are several benefits of using cross-platform development other than other platforms.
- Applications become cost-effective because there is no need to code according to different operating systems. Besides, errors that are present only need to fix once.
- Floating time to market is reduced because one program takes too much less time rather than building two or three applications for each device.
- It is an ideal method for prototyping it allows a faster time to float into the market rather than more than one platform that also helps the owner to collect user feedback more quickly, establish a position in the market, and can secure their patents before any other company.
Cons of Cross-platform development
There are also some disadvantages to using cross-platform development.
- Using advanced features for cross-platform development take more power and loss of resources rather than with native application.
- Program efficiency reduces due to lack of hardware power to perform HTM5 animations on medium and lower quality devices due to redundant process for different platforms or running this application on an operating system is old more than three years.
- The programs require more generalization and the process becomes less sophisticated than if it is built for one specific platform.
This article was written in collaboration with experts from the Buddy